There are plenty of places to stay the rustic way here in Freeport. Looking to stay by the ocean, in a cabin, or a cozy wooded site? You can find what your looking for at the diverse campgrounds in Freeport, Maine!
Cedar Haven Family Campground
The closest campground to downtown Freeport, about 2.5 miles outside of town. Enjoy camping, comfort and convenience. Whether you prefer to venture out for an outing or stay at Cedar Haven and just relax…the choice is yours! They offer spacious, mostly wooded sites, each with it’s own fire place and picnic table. You can also rent cabins for those looking for a little more comfort. Extra wide road & over sized sites easily accommodate large RVs. Enjoy the onsite recreation which includes, volleyball, horseshoes, and sports field and a game room complete with a pool table & air hockey. Make your reservation today!
- Modem Friendly
- Modern Restrooms
- Free Hot Showers
- Dump Station
- Pets Welcome
- Wood & Ice
- Camp store – snacks, groceries, toys and basic camping supplies
Located 3.5 miles outside of downtown, this campground is clean and quiet, set in a pine forest adjacent to the Desert of Maine and close to Freeport. 50 sites. RVs and tents. Store, laundry, swimming pool. Campers will receive a pass to explore the Nature Trails, the Desert, the 1783 Tuttle Barn and its museums. You will also receive discounted rates on the entrance fee which includes our Narrated Tram Tour full of History, Geology and Ecology information to help you understand this Glacial Wash Plain.
- FREE Wi-Fi Hot Spot
- Pets Welcome with leash & own cleanup
- RV’s and Tents
- Open & Shaded Sites
- Water & Electric & Sewer Sites & Dumping Station
- Hot Showers
- On-site Picnic Tables & Picnic area
- Volleyball & Badminton court, Horseshoe Pits
- Laundry Facilities & Convenience Store
Recompence Shore Campground
Located 4.5 miles outside of downtown, the drive will bring you into the scenic side of Freeport. Recompence is a family-oriented campground on Maine’s coast. Situated on 626 acres of oceanfront farmland and forest, they offer 130 campsites set amid breathtaking scenery in an ideal location for outdoor activities, or simply sitting around the campfire enjoying time with family and friends. Kayak, canoe and bicycle rentals provide opportunities to explore the unique environment surrounding the campground, Wolfe’s Neck Farm and Wolfe’s Neck Woods State Park.
There are three main areas one can camp in:
- East Bay: Inland sites. All of our Electric & Water Hookup sites are here, as well as some of our most private tent sites. Sites 2-56 are shady, and sites 60-70 are in a more open area. This is the closest area to the Camp Store, showers and Snack Shack.
- Middle Bay: Tents only area. Forested and shady, Middle Bay gives the feeling of being deep in the woods, yet with many waterfront sites.
- West Bay: Tents and RVs welcome (no hook-ups). West Bay has tall trees along the water line, and open fields and pasture. This area is particularly suited to kids, as it hosts the playground and recreation field. This area was recently improved with our new shower building.
Love the campground but don’t feel like setting up a tent? Their oceanfront camping cottages might be for you. Each cottage is set at the shoreline, with beautiful views of Casco Bay. Wolfe’s Neck Farm’s cabins are rustic, yet lovely. Lighting is by gas lamp, as there is no electricity. Each cabin has a semi-private outhouse, picnic tables, charcoal grill, and stone campfire ring.
- Camp Store / Office
- Snack Shack (July & August)
- Free hot showers
- WiFi Hot Spot
- Coin-op laundry
- Picnic tables and fire rings at each site
- Kayak, canoe rentals & Hiking trails
- Playground and Volleyball nets
- 20 sites with 30amp electric and water hookups
- RV dump station
- Hayrides, and Lobster & Clam Bakes (July, August and Major Holiday Weekends)
For more information on rates and any discounts they may have click here.
Explore beautiful Freeport, Maine from your closest KOA campground, just 6 miles away. You can enjoy excellent savings on early Spring and late Fall camping, as well as specials on monthly or seasonal stays. They are situated on 50 acres, so enjoy the spacious sites; completely wooded for the back to nature feel, tree-lined and nestled in the woods, or wide-open pull throughs. Rest in one or two bedroom cabins, each with a refrigerator, microwave, and heaters, or try the RV rentals with full kitchen and bath.
There is never a dull moment with a playground, horseshoe pits, basketball or beach volleyball courts, baseball field and a game room near by! Take a refreshing dip in the pool and water slides, or try out a pony rides. Group events are welcome, and includes the use of the recreation hall with kitchen and/or pavilion. There are many planned activities, like pancake breakfasts, ice cream socials, and special “Theme Weekends”, like Christmas in July, Haunted Weekend in August and Hawaiian Luau in September.
For current rates click here.
- 50 Max Amp
- 85′ Max Length
- Pool (5/23 – 9/2)
- Snack Bar ($)
- Propane ($)
- Firewood ($)
- Bike Rentals ($)
- Dog Park
- Nature Trails
Winslow Park & Campground
Winslow Memorial Park and Campground is located in Freeport, Maine, about 5.5 miles outside of downtown. It is on a small peninsular of land between the Harraseeket River and Casco Bay in South Freeport. There is a small beach, that is used by locals and visitors alike. Centrally located within the park is a large grassy field. A volleyball court, swingset and other play apparatus are available for children. There is plenty of room for the pickup game of baseball, football or soccer. There are an abundance of picnic tables scattered throughout the campground and park. Many have outdoor grills for charcoal to cook from. There is a short trail that follows the coastline of the park and campground. Lots of benches and scenic views are available along the well-kept walking path. At the very tip of Stockbridge Point you get a wonderful view of South Freeport Harbor with its many fishing and pleasure boats located at the mouth of the Harraseeket River.
- 100 campsites and wooded trails with views of the Harbor and Casco Bay;
- rental picnic shelters for reunions, company picnics, weddings, etc.;
- picnic tables, grills and a tidal beach;
- a boat launch for anything from trailered boats to canoes & kayaks;
- A Summer concert series with local bands (For a current schedule click here)