Freeport, Maine is a great place to visit and an even better place to live and work! Here are some employment opportunities offered by Freeport businesses. UPDATED April 2016
FreeportUSA, the destination marketing association for Freeport, Maine is seeking a part time Information Ambassador for their Seasonal Information Desk. Suitable candidates should enjoy working with people and possess a comprehensive knowledge of Freeport, including the shops, restaurants, hotels and attractions that are located here. Responsibilities include:
- Greeting visitors & serving as an ambassador for FreeportUSA to the business community.
- Assisting with directions to local businesses.
- Suggesting restaurants, lodging and attractions based on feedback from guests.
- Restocking the information desk and area information kiosks with FreeportUSA Map & Guidebooks.
- Greeting tour buses with maps & coupons and meal vouchers for drivers and guides.
- Ambassadors must be able to lift approximately 20 pound boxes of maps as well as roll the desk out, raise the covering and put it away at night. Ambassadors work outside, and must be able to tolerate inclement weather.
- FreeportUSA hosts several annual events including Flavors of Freeport, Girlfriends Getaway, The Freeport Fall Festival and Sparkle Celebration and often ask our seasonal staff for support during these events.
The FreeportUSA Seasonal Information Desk is open June through late October. This position will be 10-15 hours per week, require some weekend shifts and pays $10 an hour. Interested candidates should email a resume to Kelly Edwards, Executive Director at Kelly@freeportusa.com.
Brown Goldsmiths – Sales Associate Do you love fashion and design? Are you looking for a new career? Have you ever considered working with fine jewelry? An exciting opportunity awaits. Maine’s finest Jeweler and Design Studio has an opening for an energetic self-motivated Sales Associate. This individual must be detail-oriented and communicate effectively with both Customers and Jewelers during the design and jewelry repair processes. Responsibilities include all aspects of sales, customer service, client cultivation and follow-through. Teamwork, client confidentiality and working Saturdays are essential. Experience in jewelry or luxury sales is helpful but will train the right candidate. Excellent benefit package that includes education reimbursement for approved industry training and paid vacations. To apply for this exciting opportunity please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
The Body Shop – Part Time Keyholder
Part Time Keyholder needed to join our team at the Body Shop. We’re looking for energetic and bright personalities, with passion for skin care and body care. Responsible for supporting all operational aspects of the store and maintaining high professional standards through exceptional customer service. Drop off resumes at The Body Shop 34 Main Street Freeport. Contact: Manager Barbara Schrade
Yankee Candle – Part-Time Second Assistant Manager
The Retail Store PT Second Assistant Manager provides assistance in the direction and leadership to a Yankee Candle Retail Store; as Manager-On-Duty (MOD) drive sales & profitability; provide exemplary guest service, ensure visual merchandising/presentation and operational standards; recruit, staff, coach and develops sales associates as a part of our Succession Plan; meets or exceeds divisional and store sales and profitability goals. Weekends and early evenings a must.
Yankee Candle Co. - Full-Time Assistant Store Manager
As a Full-Time Retail Store Assistant Manager, you will be responsible for assisting in the management and leadership of a Yankee Candle Store; overseeing and driving daily sales performance; maintain service and operational standards; supervising, coaching, counseling and training staff on Scentational Sales program; ensuring adequate staffing; providing superior customer service; maintaining store facilities; ensuring safety and security for guests and staff; preparing cash reports and merchandise orders; and other similar duties pertaining to the management of a retail store. Fun work place with deep discounts! Stop by for an application today! Come grow with us.
Crabtree and Evelyn – Experienced Sales Leaders
Looking for experienced sales leaders to join a fun and ambitious team. If you or someone you know is looking for a part-time position please contact the store manager at the Freeport Outlet. 207-865-1374
White Cedar Inn Bed and Breakfast is looking for a part time, seasonal housekeeper for this coming season. We are a small, family-owned business looking for a new team member to help us with daily housekeeping and gardening chores. This is a low-key, relaxed B&B that caters to guests who love the outdoors.
- Hours: Thursday through Monday, 10 AM to 2 PM. (Some flexibility on hours.) Weekends required. Generally 20 hours/week. Additional hours possible.
- Pay: $12/hour to start. No experience necessary.
- Responsibilities: Cleaning guest rooms and bathrooms, common spaces, some laundry, and occasional gardening.
- Team members must be non-smokers, able to lift and carry 30 lbs up and down stairs, attentive to detail work, reliable, and able to work successfully with limited oversight.
- Job time frame: now until Oct 31. Weekends only in Nov and Dec. (We can work around college schedules!)
How to apply: call us at 207-865-9099 between the hours of 9 AM and 9 PM, or, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a complete job description and application. Applications and resumes may be returned via email or snail mail. (White Cedar Inn 178 Main St Freeport, Maine 04032)
We look forward to speaking with you to join our team!
Freeport Community Services – Part-time Facilities Assistant.
This is primarily an evening position, 20 hours per week, with some benefits. The ability to work a flexible schedule is needed. Duties include general cleaning and light maintenance of the building and grounds of the Freeport Community Center. Preferred experience includes a high school diploma or GED equivalent, skills and experience in carpentry, cleaning and maintenance. Excellent customer service skills and the ability to work independently are also needed. FCS is a nonprofit organization that has been committed to enriching lives and connecting neighbors in our community for 40 years. Come join our team! Contact Robin Harriman at 865-3985, ext. 213 or email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> for an application or for more information. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. EOE.
Earrings and Company – Part Time Salesperson
Love jewelry? Like to play dress-up? Earrings and Company is looking for a part time salesperson for approximately 15 – 35 hours per week, depending upon the season. Must be friendly, outgoing, and a good team player.
Retail experience is preferred, some computer knowledge is helpful. Must be able to work nights and weekends.
Competitive pay, generous store discount and a fun, jewelry-filled environment.
For application or to send resume, email email@example.com
Wolfe’s Neck Farm – Seasonal Openings
Wolfe’s Neck Farm wouldn’t be here without all of its wonderful supporters, volunteers – and great employees. Maybe you or someone you know would be interested?
We’re looking for over 30 amazing individuals to fill seasonal openings across all departments: Education, Agriculture and Campground. Spring, summer and fall opportunities available (and one year-round position.)
FIORE Artisan Olive Oils and Vinegars - Full + Part Time Openings
Have Fun With Customers In Our Tasting Room!
Application at 58 Main Street, Freeport, or
Vineyard Vines Freeport – Outstanding Crewmembers
Fishing for a career that’s fun and rewarding? Well, if you’re the right candidate, then vineyard vines is fishing for you, too. We’re looking to hire outstanding crewmembers for our Freeport Outlet store!
For 16 years (and counting), vineyard vines has worked to attract and keep the very best employees—people who love the Good Life, and who understand what we mean when we say that every day should feel this good.
Our dedicated, talented frontline crewmembers provide our customers with unparalleled service, making everyone feel welcome (or whalecome, as we like to say) each time they shop with us.
If you’re a self-starter with a positive attitude who understands that the definition of success is doing what you love, we’d like to meet you. Please visit the link to begin the application process.
Coach – Several Part Time Sales Positions
Coach, founded in 1941, is an established leader in the fashion lifestyle accessories industry. Coach offers excellent career growth opportunities, competitive salaries and benefits, and a dynamic, modern luxury work environment.
We are currently seeking to fill several part time sales positions in our Freeport location, ranging from 10 to 30 hours per week. These positions require selling focused and customer service driven individuals with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to exceed sales goals. Flexibility for evening and weekend work is essential.
Please apply within the store, located in the Freeport Village Station.
Coach is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people.
Crabtree & Evelyn - Key Holder / Sales Supervisor This position will maximize sales through assisting customers in the selection and purchase of merchandise, while following all company standards, policies and procedures. Assist store management in supervising the sales floor. Work with store staff on store merchandising standards and the restocking of merchandise. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sales/Customer Service: Selling and floor supervision are the primary responsibilities with customer service being the number one priority.
- Meet or exceed individual and store-assigned sales and productivity goals.
- Assist store management to ensure that Sales Professionals achieve their individual goals and that customers receive the best service.
- Adhere to and practices all corporate selling skills programs and assists store management in rolling out and tracking the programs, goals and guidelines for entire sales staff.
- Ensure that the customer is greeted within 30 seconds of entering the store and that friendly, prompt and courteous service is being offered.
- Identify customer needs and answers customer questions. Assist store management to ensure that all sales staff can answer questions regarding price, location, features, benefits and use of products.
- Assist store management in resolving customer complaints.
- Assist store management in ensuring sales staff is aware of, and informs customers of, current promotions. Ensure that sales staff invites customers to return to the store by mentioning future tastings, special events and pending arrival of new products.
- Ensure that sales staff understands and participates in all corporate and store sales contests and special programs.
- Responsible for product knowledge and for assisting store management in the product training of all other sales staff.
- Assist store management to ensure that sales staff prepares merchandise for purchase or delivery by wrapping, bagging and packaging product in accordance with all corporate and store guidelines.
- Attend and participate in all store meetings and corporate promotions.
- Adhere to all corporate dress code policies.
- Assist store management in determining work schedules and floor coverage requirements.
- Assist store management to ensure that all sales are accurately processed; this includes how to process all returns, voids, store credits and gift certificates. In absence of the store management, the supervisor will approve the above transactions.
- Receive and price product. Assist store management to ensure that the sales staff is stamping, marking and tagging the product correctly.
- Ensure that all advertising and promotional displays are set up properly.
- Display merchandise in accordance with corporate guidelines.
- Ensure that Sales Professionals adhere to and practice all corporate and store policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all safety and security programs and policies are adhered to. Report any health or safety issues to store management and takes appropriate corrective action.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Brand & Service Focus
- Influence, Communication & Presentation
- Financial Management
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Orvis - Sales Associates and Key Holders The Orvis Company is looking for Sales Associates and Key Holders to join the team at our outlet store located in Freeport. This outlet offers men’s and women’s apparel in addition to our known fly-fishing and pet products. Our sales associates are responsible for providing a world-class shopping experience for new and existing Orvis customers. Orvis associates take pride in our world-class service and products, treating customers, vendor partners, and each other with integrity and mutual respect. We work in a supportive, team-oriented environment, focusing on performance, continuous improvement, and exceeding our customers’ expectations. The Orvis Company and our associates are committed to giving back to our communities and protecting nature. For more information about our positions, please review the complete job profile and fill out the online application form at www.orvis.com/careers. Or visit the store and speak with Manager Aly Fox. Phone Number: 207-865-0542.
Sea Bags - Seasonal Sales Associate | March-December. General Purpose of Position: A Sales Associate is responsible for maintaining outstanding customer service as per Sea Bags’ standards, generating sales, merchandising, and safeguarding company assets. Sea Bags designs and manufacturers tote bags and home products made from recycled sails in Maine. Designer and manufacturer of tote bags and home products made from recycled sails. Made in Maine. Our mission is sustainability in our product, jobs and our State of Maine. Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining solid product knowledge and all other aspects of customer service.
- Assist in merchandising, display maintenance, and housekeeping
- Communicate customer requests to management.
- Assist in ringing up sales at registers and/or bagging merchandise.
- Any other tasks as assigned from time to time by any manager.
- Maintain an awareness of all promotions and advertisements.
- Participate in inventory count periodically
Skills and Competencies:
- A commitment to recycling and a keen sense of the creative Sea Bags brand and knowledge of products made in the USA
- Ability to communicate with associates and customers
- Ability to read, count, and write to accurately and complete all documentation
- Physical ability to stand for extended periods, and to move throughout the store, which entails lifting, and perform all functions as set forth above
- Ability to work weekends, and holidays. 16 to 25 hours a week.
- Ability to work as a team and as an individual
- Ability to provide 3 references
Competitive hourly rate, dependent on experience Contact: email@example.com.
1912 Cafe - PT and FT employees The 1912 Cafe in Freeport is a busy eatery open 365 days a year. We take pride in serving wholesome food made in house and locally. We provide quick service at the highest possible quality; our focus is customer service and we strive daily to exceed our customers’ expectations. We are an open kitchen café, and we are fortunate to have a strong staff that functions well as a team. We are looking for someone who wants to be involved in the cafe and can help us continue to grow! We are looking for PT and FT employees who love working with people. The job is well suited to a “people person”: someone who is outgoing, friendly and enjoys helping others. This is also a high volume position, where the focus is on casual and excellent customer service. This is a great job for someone who likes to move around on the job. The ideal candidate is reliable, out-going and self-motivated. This position is best suited for someone who is well organized and who likes to stay busy. An ability to communicate with co-workers is the key to a successful day. Some weekend and holiday availability is a must, but we are flexible around school and other job schedules. Pay is hourly, plus tips and meals. Applicants can email firstname.lastname@example.org with their resume and references.
Cole Haan – Multiple Job Openings Part-time Assistant Store Manager
MISSION: Support Store Manager and Sr. Assistant Store Manager in the implementation of initiatives and achievement of goals and objectives, with a focus Operations, Brand and Talent. Ensure consistent implementation of store responsibilities including day to day store operations.
• Achieve/Exceed personal and store sales goals and performance metrics through the implementation of revenue building strategies.
• Coach and develop staff to exceed individual and store goals.
• Coach and develop staff to provide a world class shopping experience through the effective execution of Extraordinary Brand Selling and Service Culture and Concierge Program by establishing a client base, staying connected to customer needs, anticipating customer changes, and meeting customer challenges.
• Supports the Store Manager and Senior Assistant Store Manager in the achievement of all financial and operational objectives with regards to expense control, Loss Prevention audits/checklists, and weekly reports.
• Monitor and maintain compliance of all company policies and procedures to make sound business decisions and communicate/educate all staff members
• Partners with the Store Manager and Senior Assistant Store Manager on the implementation of visual merchandising directives and maintains standards consistent with company brand strategies.
• Communicates with Store Manager, Senior Assistant Store Manager and/or directly to Corporate partners regarding product mix, trends and needs • Holds store keys and regularly participates in store opening and closing functions.
MISSION: Supports the Store Management team, in the achievement of the store’s goals, by providing organization of shipping and receiving, inventory control, back-of-house maintenance and related housekeeping activities.
• Achieve/Exceed store sales goals and performance metrics through efficient and productive organization of the back-of-house areas to ensure proper, accurate and timely flow of merchandise onto the sales floor.
• Assist with creating a world class shopping experience through effective organization of the back-of-house areas and merchandise flow onto the sales floor.
• Support the store management team in the achievement of all financial and operational objectives with regards to expense control, inventory control, loss prevention, and timely completion of shipping and receiving reports.
• Ensure the timely processing of all shipments, transfers, damages, mismates, supplies and the overall organization of stock areas.
• Partner with management team on the implementation of monthly visual directives by ensuring that merchandise is received and processed in a timely manner and available for the sales floor and sales staff.
• Complies with and adheres to all company policies and procedures
• Contribute to positive employee relations through effective communication, teamwork and partnership with co-worker and the management team.
MISSION: Supports the Store Management team, in the achievement of the store’s goals, by providing a positive shopping experience to our customers, through the effective execution of the selling and service culture of Cole Haan.
• Achieve/Exceed personal sales goals and performance metrics while working as a team member to contribute to the overall stores total revenue goals.
• Provide a world class shopping experience by connecting with your customers through meeting and anticipating their needs.
• Support the store management team in the achievement of all financial and operational objectives with regards to expense control and loss prevention standards.
• Maintain the appearance of the selling floor; restock and merchandise according to Cole Haan standards and company directives.
• Maintain visual merchandising standards consistent with company brand strategies.
• Partner with management team on the implementation of monthly visual directives.
• Complies with and adheres to all company policies and procedures
• Contribute to positive employee relations through effective communication, teamwork and partnership with co-worker and the management team.