Freeport, Maine is a great place to visit and an even better place to live and work! Here are some employment opportunities offered by Freeport businesses.
UPDATED SPRING 2015
Earrings & Company – Sales Associate
Earrings and Company is looking for a friendly, outgoing people-person to join us in our jewelry playground. Sales experience is required, being comfortable with computers is preferred. Neat appearance and an eye for fashion is a plus. Flexible hours, competitive pay, a generous store discount and a fun environment. Please email email@example.com for an application or to send us your resume.
Maine Woolens – Two Openings
Full-time year-round, key holder and summer only key holder. Both need customer service and basic computer skills.
Maine Woolens is the preeminent fancy weave blanket maker in the United States, offering a wide variety of styles, weaves, fibers, and colors for bedding, at an affordable price.
Contact their Freeport store for more information:
124 Main Street, Freeport, ME 04032
Island Treasure Toys – Store Manager for Freeport Location
Are you a playfully-minded, hard-working, responsible multitasker comfortable with overseeing multiple staff members and shoppers of all ages in a bright, fun work environment?
A family-run business for over 13 years, Island Treasure Toys is coastal Maine’s neighborhood toy store. We focus on toys powered by imagination and creativity, and playing in our stores is highly encouraged. Of our three locations, the Freeport store is our largest with over 3300 square feet of retail space, and processes the highest volume of product annually.
To fill the Store Manager position in Freeport, we’re seeking someone who is approachable, outgoing, self-motivated, highly organized, creative, a team player, and most of all, a toy lover.
Responsibilities of Freeport Store Manager:
- Exceptional customer service skills and the desire to go above and beyond for customers
- Supervising staff, including: recruiting, performance management and assessment, and assisting with scheduling
- Processing shipment, including: handling damages, transfers between stores, and stocking back rooms
- Excellent computer skills and familiarity with POS systems (Quickbooks, Excel, Gmail / Google Drive)
- Merchandizing the store in a clear, organized, logical way that encourages easy shopping
- Quickly establishing and retaining a strong knowledge of inventory
- Maintaining a clean, safe work and shopping environment
- Sharing excitement and knowledge about toys, games, etc. we carry with staff and customers
- Problem solving and ability to handle any issues with smart decisions and professionalism
- Innovative when it comes to driving sales and promotions
- Communicating with other managers and store owner with updates, issues, questions, concerns
- Desire to have fun, play, and discover something new each day!
Previous store management experience (2+ years) strongly preferred. Strong social media and marketing skills, and ability to speak French are an added bonus! This is a full-time, salaried position at Island Treasure Toys and benefits include paid time off and a generous discount.
Training for the position will start approximately July 1, 2015. To apply for the Island Treasure Toys Freeport Store Manager position, please email current resume/CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org or bring it by in person and ask for Kat – upstairs at 20 Bow Street, Freeport ME 04032. Further inquiries: (207)865-7007.
J.Crew Factory – Freeport – Part-Time Sales Associates
Responsible for serving customers and selling merchandise. Provides courteous service to customers in a timely manner to generate sales and drive conversion by engaging customers with superior service and attention.
- Customer Focus
- Project a helpful, warm and friendly demeanor
- Deliver above and beyond service
- Act in the best interest of the customer
- Extend J.Crew discretionary services to customers and clients
People and Self Development
- Learn product knowledge utilizing all company tools including store meetings
- Be receptive to feedback to improve performance
- Understand and reflect current fashion
- Attend and participate at store meetings
Drive and Produce Results
- Maintain a 5% selling cost
- Maintain store standards in presentation, cleanliness, and organization
- Participate in achieving store Key Performance Indicator’s and other company
- Complete tasks in a timely manner with minimal supervision
- Live quality and adhere to code of ethics
- Minimize potential for loss by adhering to proper policy and procedure
- Check in with managers at the beginning and end of shift for updates and
- Engage customers and store team in a professional manner
- Provide solution-oriented feedback to store teams in an effective, constructive
- Seek creative solutions to challenges
- Adapt as necessary to the needs of the customer and the store environment
- Foster Teamwork and Develop Partnerships
- Establish and maintain open lines of communication with management team and peers
- Help train new associates
- Support new initiatives
- Interface with all levels of management and associates in a manner that promotes learning and mutual respect
- High School diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform essential functions of the job.
- Must be 18 years old
- Strong eye for fashion
- Good verbal communication
- Ability to communicate effectively in order to relay product knowledge andservices
- Ability to multi-task and service multiple customers
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including holidays, overnights, weekends
- Physical requirements: lift/carry/move 40 lbs minimum including fixtures andproduct
- Ability to move around sales floor and be accessible to customers
Please come into the store at 8 Bow Street and submit an application. We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability or any other basis protected under applicable law.
Nine West – Two Openings
Nine West is seeking a part time sales associate and part time key holder. Both positions are 20 hours per week. To apply visit ninewest.com or call 207-865-2170 and ask for Sissy or Heather.
Cole Haan - Outlet Sales Associate – Part-Time (15 hrs/wk avg)
Background Check Required: Yes
Relocation Assistance: No
Job Description: Supports the Store Management team, in the achievement of the store’s goals, by providing a positive shopping experience to our customers, through the effective execution of the selling and service culture of Cole Haan.
• Achieve/Exceed personal sales goals and performance metrics while working as a team member to contribute to the overall stores total revenue goals.
Maintaining Customer Centric Brand Experience:
• Provide a world class shopping experience by connecting with your customers through meeting and anticipating their needs.
• Support the store management team in the achievement of all financial and operational objectives with regards to expense control and loss prevention standards.
• Maintain the appearance of the selling floor; restock and merchandise according to Cole Haan standards and company directives.
Product and Visual Merchandising:
• Maintain visual merchandising standards consistent with company brand strategies.
• Partner with management team on the implementation of monthly visual directives.
Management of Human Resources/Creating Team Success:
• Contribute to positive employee relations through effective communication, teamwork and partnership with co-worker and the management team.
• High School diploma or equivalent preferred
• Must have two or more years of retail experience
• Contribute to positive employee relations through effective communication, teamwork and partnership with co-worker and the management team.
• Able to perform basic math functions, including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
• Able to effectively communicate in verbal and written English
• Physical requirements include the ability to twist, bend, squat, reach, climb a ladder and stand for extended periods of time
• Able to accomplish multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
• Able to work effectively with others in a team-oriented environment and provide excellent customer service
• Basic computer skills preferred
Cool As A Moose Freeport - Sales Associate
Cool As A Moose is a retail store founded in Bar Harbor, Maine in 1986 with additional locations in Freeport, Portland and Brunswick. We provide our customers with the very best service and merchandise at a fair price in a fun, upbeat, and professional environment. We are looking for friendly, conscientious, customer service oriented people to join our team as seasonal sales associates in all of our store locations. We offer competitive wages, training, and a great work atmosphere.
- Offering a friendly welcome to visitors to our store
- Assisting shoppers with product information, recommendations, availability
- Maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly store environment; restocking inventory
- Operating Point of Sale system and successfully handling transactions as needed
- Performing opening and/or closing duties
- Assisting other store employees
- Excellent interpersonal skills; friendly, upbeat demeanor
- Customer service and sales ability
- Self starter; team player with the ability to take direction and work independently
- Ability to process store transactions and make change as applicable
- Conscientious and reliable
- Reliable transportation
- High school degree or equivalent; some college preferred
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and occasionally lift up to 40 pounds
Apply in store, or download an application from our website and email it to email@example.com. Or just send us your resume! Please include the store location in the subject header. We look forward to hearing from you.
FIORE Olive Oils & Vinegars of Freeport – Full & Part Time Help Needed
Join FIORE in giving customers a great tasting experience! Flexible hours and days — So calling all Moms, Weekenders, Retirees! Open 7 days a week – Lots of potential, lots of fun, love the best EVOO and Balsamic – Download application at www.FIOREoliveoils.com (careers tab), email to nancy@FIOREoliveoils.com or mail to FIORE, 8 Rodick Place, Bar Harbor 04609.
Edgecomb Potters – Part Time Sales and Stock Associates
Are you friendly, outgoing, like to sell and love crafts? Come join us! Edgecomb Potters Gallery in Freeport, Maine, is currently looking for part time sales and stock associates to complete our team. We are an exciting retail leader specializing in our own porcelain pottery and fine American Crafts including jewelry, glass and home accessories. Candidate may become key holder with added responsibilities and must be available to work at least one day on weekends. We prefer candidates to have previous retail experience or other experience in customer service, developing and maintaining great customer relationships and inventory control. Merchandising skills are a plus but will train. Some lifting is required as well as ability to stand for long periods. Job is seasonal and part time through the fall. Employee discount offered.
Send resume and contact information to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Brooks Brothers - Part Time Sales and Stock Associates
Brooks Brothers has been a leader in American style since 1818. We have outfitted Presidents and school boys, Generals and grooms. We have a pride and loyalty not found in other companies. If you are interested in becoming part of our team and part of one of the world’s biggest icons, take advantage of this great opportunity.
Our store in Freeport, ME is currently looking for part time sales and stock associates to complete our team. These candidates will be leaders in customer service, developing and maintaining great client relationships, inventory control, and merchandising. Retail and customer service experience helpful.We offer a great benefit package including vacation, health, dental and life insurance, and 401K.
Interested candidates can fax their resume and cover letter to 207-865-0148, or apply in person at the store in Freeport.
Brown Goldsmiths - Self-motivated Sales Associate / CAD designer.
Are you looking for a new career? Do you love art, fashion and design? An exciting opportunity awaits.
Maine’s finest Jeweler and Design Studio has an opening for an energetic self-motivated Sales Associate / CAD designer.
This individual must be detail-oriented and communicate effectively with both Customers and Jewelers during the design and jewelry making processes. Responsibilities include all aspects of sales, customer service, client cultivation and follow-through. Teamwork, client confidentiality and working Saturdays are essential. Experience in jewelry or luxury sales as well as CAD design is helpful but will train the right candidate. Excellent benefit package that includes: Health Insurance, paid vacation and sick time, 401K, education reimbursement for approved industry training, employee discount and more!
To apply for this exciting opportunity send your resume and letter of interest to email@example.com
American Eagle - Sales Associate Part-Time
The role of a Sales Associate is to deliver an exceptional customer store experience through knowledgeable, friendly and efficient service while following the direction of the store management team. For more information on the responsibilities and qualifications associated with this position please call 207-865-9341 or stop by the Freeport location and pick up an application.
Sea Bags - Sales Associate
General Purpose of Position:
A Sales Associate is responsible for maintaining outstanding customer service as per Sea Bags’ standards, generating sales, merchandising, and safeguarding company assets.
Sea Bags designs and manufacturers tote bags and home products made from recycled sails in Maine. Designer and manufacturer of tote bags and home products made from recycled sails. Made in Maine. Our mission is sustainability in our product, jobs and our State of Maine.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining solid product knowledge and all other aspects of customer service.
- Assist in merchandising, display maintenance, and housekeeping
- Communicate customer requests to management.
- Assist in ringing up sales at registers and/or bagging merchandise.
- Any other tasks as assigned from time to time by any manager.
- Maintain an awareness of all promotions and advertisements.
- Participate in inventory count periodically
Skills and Competencies:
- A commitment to recycling and a keen sense of the creative Sea Bags brand and knowledge of products made in the USA
- Ability to communicate with associates and customers
- Ability to read, count, and write to accurately and complete all documentation
- Physical ability to stand for extended periods, and to move throughout the store, which entails lifting, and perform all functions as set forth above
- Ability to work weekends, and holidays. 16 to 25 hours a week.
- Ability to work as a team and as an individual
- Ability to provide 3 references
Competitive hourly rate, dependent on experience Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Coach - Assistant Manager
As an established leader in the fashion lifestyle accessories industry, Coach offers excellent career growth opportunities, competitive salaries and benefits, and a dynamic work environment. We are currently seeking an Assistant Manager to work at our store in Freeport, ME.
This position requires a dynamic, selling-focused and customer-service driven individual with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to exceed sales goals. Flexibility for evening and weekend work is essential. Management candidates require 2-3 years of previous management experience in an upscale retail specialty store environment.
Contact Sandy, email@example.com, 207.865.1772 or by visiting the store at Freeport Village Station.