Freeport, Maine is a great place to visit and an even better place to live and work! Here are some employment opportunities offered by Freeport businesses. UPDATED October 2016
The Walking Company – Assistant Store Manager – Full-time, Commission
The Walking Company is the industry leader in comfort and wellness footwear. The Walking Company is re-defining comfort footwear with our focus on sophisticated technology and on trend styling.
High Caliber Assistant opening in the Freeport, ME Market
Hourly + Commission +bonus potential
Work in a fun, dynamic culture with a supportive upper management structure
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an energetic and enthusiastic assistant store manager to drive revenue and build a loyal customer base in our Freeport, ME location. This candidate must possess the ability to lead a team without consistent direct supervision. You must have a passion for selling and team development.
Potential candidates should have these skills:
- 2+ years customer service/retail management
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service and rapport building skills
- Strong people management skills
- Recruiting and team development skills
- High energy and a passion for driving revenue
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively
- If you are a strong team player with an intense desire to have a successful career, then The Walking Company is the perfect fit. We offer support, recognition, with a fun work environment.
The Walking Company offers an industry leading benefits program, which offers medical, dental, vision and a matching 401K plan.
- Required education: High school or equivalent
- Required experience: Retail Management: 2 years
- Required license or certification: Driver’s license
Interested candidates should email a resume to email@example.com or contact me by phone at 540-272-3435 or stop by the store
Threads of Hope Thrift Store – Store Clerk
Hiring for the Holidays! Looking for holly jolly associates for seasonal employment at their Freeport store!
Team members discount of 10% off. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled
Island Treasure Toys
Want to LOVE your job? Looking for a fun part-time position with an award-winning local business? Come work with us! Island Treasure Toys is hiring immediately in Freeport!
We are seeking two part-time employees to cover approximately 16-32 hrs/week, varying seasonally. Flexibility for evening and weekend shifts is great!
Retail experience preferred but not necessary. Looking for someone who is outgoing, driven, can multitask, loves toys, and is a kid at heart! Apply with resume in-person, call 207-865-7007, or email for more information.
J.Crew Factory – Freeport – PT Sales Associates
Hey crowd pleasers, have we got something special in store for you…. Begin with great clothes. Add a quality second to none. Combine in a way that is purely magical. Fold in a fun + engaging place. Now you’ve got a recipe that exceeds all expectations. Our sales associates are our brand ambassadors. They connect with customers in genuine + authentic ways + understand that every great day starts with a great outfit!
Let’s begin with the must-haves:
- Passionate -believes in our brand, loves fashion + shows up with an intuitive feel for what’s right
- Customer Hero – is customer-centric + relentless about exceeding expectations
- Driven – can grow a business + constantly questions what can be done better
- Innovative – can identify + articulate ideas to reinvent + evolve a business
- Visionary – is market-aware, forward thinking + global
- Leader – provides direction + appropriate feedback to foster collaboration + productivity
Okay, now let’s look at the role:
- Approachable – is easy to talk to: warm, pleasant + gracious, a good listener
- Learner – is energized by discovering new things, connects the dots between learning experiences
- Drive for Results – achieves objectives successfully, is bottom-line oriented + pushes self + others for results
- Team Player- is open to (+ can be influenced by) associate contributions, values diversity + supports inclusion
- Composure – is cool under pressure, not knocked off balance by the unexpected, does not show frustration when resisted
So far so good? Great, now on to those necessary requirements:
- Diploma – high school or equivalent combo of education + experience
- Birthdays – you need to have had at least 18 of these to work for us
- Flexible – there when needed; weekends, holidays, overnights
- Fashion Savvy – turned on by creating head to toe looks that look great + reinforce our brand
- Tech Savvy – facile with smartphones, apps, + other gizmos
- Physical – can lift, carry or move at least 40 lbs./18 kilos
Got it all? Excellent, let’s chat… we just might be the best place for you to build your career
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability or any other basis protected under applicable law.
DOONEY & BOURKE – PART-TIME KEY HOLDER
Dooney & Bourke is currently seeking highly motivated, energetic leaders to fill the Part-Time Key Holder position in our Factory Store located in the Freeport Outlets (Freeport, ME).
· Partner with store manager to drive sales and increase store volume.
· Assist with developing the store team in customer relationships, operations, and company standards.
· Support operational needs of the store.
· Two years prior retail experience
· Team oriented
· Customer Service driven
· Proficient in MS Word & Excel
Job Type: Part-time
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume!
Wilbur’s Chocolate of Maine – Chocolate Factory Tour Guide
Wilbur’s of Maine Chocolate Confections is looking to hire the right individual to facilitate tours at our factory location in Freeport, Maine. Applicants must be energetic and eager to learn about the history of chocolate making, the processes Wilbur’s uses and the Wilbur family’s beginning. Approximately 10-15 hours per week, more may be available. This job is 12 months a year. Training is provided. Compensation dependent on experience. Please stop in at 174 Lower Main Street for an application.
Haggar Clothing Co. – Part-Time Keyholders and Sales Associates
- Competitive Pay
- Employee Discount Program
- Flexible schedules includes
- Nights and Weekends
Please pick-up an application today! 350E Freeport Village Station
Wilbur’s of Maine Chocolate Confections – Sales Associate Positions
Wilbur’s of Maine is looking to add sales associate positions for both Freeport and Brunswick stores. Hours can vary from part to full time depending on applicant/employer needs. These positions requires availability 3-5 days per week, year round. At least one of the days would be a weekend day 3 times per month. Pay is commensurate with experience. E-mail resume to email@example.com or stop by 174 Lower Main St. Freeport or 143 Maine St. Brunswick to fill in an application. If possible you will be interviewed on your visit.
ALSO need an ADULT person available SATURDAYS and SUNDAYS.
1912 Cafe – Part and Full Time year-round Positions
Check out the website www.1912cafe.com to apply!
White Cedar Inn Bed and Breakfast – Part time, seasonal housekeeper
White Cedar Inn Bed and Breakfast is looking for a part time, seasonal housekeeper for this coming season. We are a small, family-owned business looking for a new team member to help us with daily housekeeping and gardening chores. This is a low-key, relaxed B&B that caters to guests who love the outdoors.
Hours: Thursday through Monday, 10 AM to 2 PM. (Some flexibility on hours.) Weekends required. Generally 20 hours/week. Additional hours possible.
Pay: $12/hour to start. No experience necessary.
Responsibilities: Cleaning guest rooms and bathrooms, common spaces, some laundry, and occasional gardening.
Team members must be non-smokers, able to lift and carry 30 lbs up and down stairs, attentive to detail work, reliable, and able to work successfully with limited oversight.
Job time frame: now until Oct 31. Weekends only in Nov and Dec. (We can work around college schedules!)
How to apply: call us at 207-865-9099 between the hours of 9 AM and 9 PM, or, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a complete job description and application. Applications and resumes may be returned via email or snail mail. (White Cedar Inn 178 Main St Freeport, Maine 04032)
The Orvis Company – Full-time Key Holder
The Orvis Company is looking for a full-time Key Holder to join the team at our outlet store. This outlet offers men’s and women’s apparel in addition to our known fly-fishing and pet products. Our sales associates are responsible for providing a world-class shopping experience for new and existing Orvis customers.
For more information about this position, please review our complete job profile and fill out the online application form at www.orvis.com/careers.
Yankee Candle – Part-Time Opportunities
Yankee Candle is looking to add to its Freeport Team. Now Hiring:
– PT Sales Associates
– PT Seasonal Second Assistant
Great work environment! Awesome discounts! Apply in person at 6 Mill Street.
Earrings & Company – Sales Associate
Love Jewelry? Earrings and Company is looking for a friendly, outgoing person to join our team.
25-30 hours per week. Sales experience preferred, some computer knowledge helpful.
Flexible hours, competitive pay, generous store discount and a fun environment.
For application or to send resume, email email@example.com.
Bridgham & Cook – Part – Time Sales Employee
Interested in working in a unique environment? According to our staff, the atmosphere at Bridgham and Cook (aka The British Store) is lower stress and much more enjoyable than at your typical store. You won’t just feel as if you’re punching a time card.j
We are seeking a part-time sales employee. Applicants should have experience in retail sales. The position includes working the POS register, assisting customers, stocking shelves, doing inventory. The ideal candidate would have a knowledge and love for British culture in addition to being dependable, trustworthy, and affable.
If you wish to apply please send or drop off a resume and references to Jay Paulus, manager, at 123 Main Street, Freeport 04032. Please feel free to contact us with any questions about the position at 207-865-1040.
Brown Goldsmiths – Sales Associate Do you love fashion and design? Are you looking for a new career? Have you ever considered working with fine jewelry? An exciting opportunity awaits. Maine’s finest Jeweler and Design Studio has an opening for an energetic self-motivated Sales Associate. This individual must be detail-oriented and communicate effectively with both Customers and Jewelers during the design and jewelry repair processes. Responsibilities include all aspects of sales, customer service, client cultivation and follow-through. Teamwork, client confidentiality and working Saturdays are essential. Experience in jewelry or luxury sales is helpful but will train the right candidate. Excellent benefit package that includes education reimbursement for approved industry training and paid vacations. To apply for this exciting opportunity please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Body Shop – Part Time Keyholder
Part Time Keyholder needed to join our team at the Body Shop. We’re looking for energetic and bright personalities, with passion for skin care and body care. Responsible for supporting all operational aspects of the store and maintaining high professional standards through exceptional customer service. Drop off resumes at The Body Shop 34 Main Street Freeport. Contact: Manager Barbara Schrade
Crabtree and Evelyn – Experienced Sales Leaders
Looking for experienced sales leaders to join a fun and ambitious team. If you or someone you know is looking for a part-time position please contact the store manager at the Freeport Outlet. 207-865-1374
FIORE Artisan Olive Oils and Vinegars – Full + Part Time Openings
Have Fun With Customers In Our Tasting Room!
Application at 58 Main Street, Freeport, or
Vineyard Vines Freeport – Outstanding Crewmembers
Fishing for a career that’s fun and rewarding? Well, if you’re the right candidate, then vineyard vines is fishing for you, too. We’re looking to hire outstanding crewmembers for our Freeport Outlet store!
For 16 years (and counting), vineyard vines has worked to attract and keep the very best employees—people who love the Good Life, and who understand what we mean when we say that every day should feel this good.
Our dedicated, talented frontline crewmembers provide our customers with unparalleled service, making everyone feel welcome (or whalecome, as we like to say) each time they shop with us.
If you’re a self-starter with a positive attitude who understands that the definition of success is doing what you love, we’d like to meet you. Please visit the link to begin the application process.
Sea Bags – Seasonal Sales Associate | March-December. General Purpose of Position: A Sales Associate is responsible for maintaining outstanding customer service as per Sea Bags’ standards, generating sales, merchandising, and safeguarding company assets. Sea Bags designs and manufacturers tote bags and home products made from recycled sails in Maine. Designer and manufacturer of tote bags and home products made from recycled sails. Made in Maine. Our mission is sustainability in our product, jobs and our State of Maine. Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining solid product knowledge and all other aspects of customer service.
- Assist in merchandising, display maintenance, and housekeeping
- Communicate customer requests to management.
- Assist in ringing up sales at registers and/or bagging merchandise.
- Any other tasks as assigned from time to time by any manager.
- Maintain an awareness of all promotions and advertisements.
- Participate in inventory count periodically
Skills and Competencies:
- A commitment to recycling and a keen sense of the creative Sea Bags brand and knowledge of products made in the USA
- Ability to communicate with associates and customers
- Ability to read, count, and write to accurately and complete all documentation
- Physical ability to stand for extended periods, and to move throughout the store, which entails lifting, and perform all functions as set forth above
- Ability to work weekends, and holidays. 16 to 25 hours a week.
- Ability to work as a team and as an individual
- Ability to provide 3 references
Competitive hourly rate, dependent on experience Contact: email@example.com.