FEDC partners with the community to promote sustainable economic growth that strengthens and diversifies the economic base and enhances the quality of life and unique character of Freeport. Want to open up a business in Freeport, Maine? The FEDC can help!
Although the FEDC services much of its local business base on a per request basis, it is very focused on proactively implementing the following:
- Business retention, expansion and attraction: keep and attract new businesses that enhance the Town and expand tax revenues
- Diversify and grow commercial tax base: improve financial and infrastructure sustainability;
- Re-establish Freeport’s brand
- Develop business clusters
- Community quality of life: strengthen community amenities and protect Freeport’s authenticity
- Business-friendly community: unify the business, government and school communities around a common, shared vision that welcomes quality businesses