Don’t let rainy days get you down! Take a look at all the things to do in Freeport, Maine on a rainy day! Drive the blues away with a shopping trip to Freeport. Shopping in Freeport is more than your ordinary trip to the mall, but a true Maine experience. Over 200 shops, boutiques, outlets, and name-brand stores are tucked into historic buildings, along quaint side streets, and along village plazas in a quintessential Maine village. You’ll find great deals on the best brands, unique finds at local retailers, and Maine-made products. And, of course, we’re home to L.L.Bean and their Outdoor Discovery Schools.
Here’s our top list of rainy-day activities for Freeport:
- Freeport is home to a burgeoning food and dining experience, with options from Thai, Italian, traditional Maine seafood, creative cafe cuisine, and plenty of farm-to-table fare. So, while it’s raining, grab a seat at one of our many Freeport restaurants and enjoy dining in Freeport!
- Take in a movie at the Nordica Theatre, the best place to see a movie in the Portland area. Their stadium seating and world-class sound system make it a truly state-of-the-art cinema experience.
- Go on a food tasting tour! You can sample tasty treats all through Freeport. Don’t miss the great bread samples at When Pigs Fly, delicious chocolate at Lindt Chocolates and Wilbur’s of Maine, and find your favorite flavor at Ben & Jerry’s. Discover the tasting room at FIORE Artisan Olive Oils & Vinegars, and sample Maine Made Spirits at Maine Craft Distilling!
- Check out the Freeport Historical Society’s latest exhibit – In their mission to collect and preserve; research and exhibit; and teach and advocate the history of Freeport, Maine. You will find many fun exhibits and events, a vintage baseball game, Pettengill Farm Day, Ghost Walks, and Freeport Village tours.
- Put on your rain coat and Bean boots and explore the coast at Wolfe’s Neck Woods State Park. The rocky coast of Maine is like none other, especially in the rain. Feel the salt spray and watch the drama of the ocean – just watch out for your footing and play it safe!
- And, everyone’s favorite rainy day activity – stop by a book store and browse the shelves to find your new favorite read. In Freeport, try Sherman’s Bookstore or Annie’s Book Shop. Your sure to find something to chase away the rainy day blues!